The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business. Please note that LoCASE funding is now closed for new applications.
- Any business can use this money toward having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a business development grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
To be eligible for support, you just have to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a small or medium enterprise (SME). This includes:
- Employing 250 (FTE) employees or less
- Having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less
- If another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria
- Your organisation must not have received more than approximately £200,000 of state aid in the last three years
N.B. – Businesses applying for a business development grant must be an organisation which offers goods or services which improves the environment, can be considered to lower the environmental impact of their customers, or works as part of the supply chain for other businesses who do work around the environment.
Your business should fit somewhere into the following:
- Decarbonising the energy system
- Improving energy or resource efficiency
- Preserving and enhancing the natural environment