OFFER GOODS AND SERVICES TO BUSINESSES TO ‘GREEN’ THEIR OPERATIONS? WANT TO OFFER KENT CUSTOMERS £1.5K OF YOUR EXPERTISE PAID IN FULL? THEN JOIN THE GREEN RECOVERY VOUCHER SCHEME FRAMEWORK
)KCC Business and Enterprise team is leading on C-Care, as part of the wider covid-response package. We are including a key ‘green economic recovery’ theme to encourage building back better in all sectors and in doing so enable local suppliers of ‘green’ goods and services join a framework for a fully-funded (Interreg Channel-programme-derived) voucher scheme for 100-150 SMEs. The £150K framework is set to comprise local suppliers for up to £1.5K towards an SME’s energy efficiency measures, waste reduction interventions, sustainable transport solutions, biodiversity solutions and ‘Net Zero’ transition planning & feasibility studies. A such, this will be another excellent opportunity to show our small and medium sized enterprises (SME) community the myriad of different ways that they can improve environmental performance and realise some much wider commercial benefits. What it means for you as a supplier is that you can target SMEs across Kent for your goods or services with the added benefit for them of up to £1.5K of your expertise will be paid for. That could be 100% of a modest value project like changing over some shop lighting, helping towards a more sustainable local delivery method or covering the first stage of some packaging design to prepare for regulations coming this June on recycled (and recyclable) content. Please click on the link below to register your interest in the framework and to outline your expertise and you’ll be ready for the launch of the voucher scheme next month!
As an overview, we’re looking for firms/organisations/institutions who can offer the following:
Lot 1: Design, supply & installation of energy efficiency measures including:
- Lighting, heating, hot water provision (including controls), insulation, glazing and other positive improvements to energy use.
- Machinery or equipment upgrades leading to improved process efficiency.
Lot 2: Review, development and supply of waste reduction interventions including:
- Moving to sustainable packaging solutions, movement to ‘circular’ product/service design and/or working with supply chains to find solutions to waste challenges.
Lot 3: Review, development and supply of sustainable transport solutions including:
- Sustainable travel planning and fleet management software.
- Opportunities for working up local ‘eco clusters’ and buying groups to consolidate deliveries (such as first/last mile logistics).
- Supply of green transport for businesses (such as e-cargo/electric bikes, scooters etc) not covered by other initiatives.
Lot 4: Design, supply & installation of biodiversity solutions including:
- Wildlife corridors, pollinator/wildflower gardens, green roofs/living walls, local tree-planting/natural capital initiatives.
Lot 5: ’Net Zero’ transition planning including:
- Consultancy support in benchmarking, development of environmental management systems and/or staff/customer engagement activities.
- Feasibility studies for transitioning to a more sustainable business solution.
Expressions of Interest Close 31/01/22 (12:00)
If you are interested in other offerings to you as a business in this sector, feel free to get in touch with the team at [email protected]